byg(熬夜付款后,如何用英语表达“我很穷”?)

熬夜付款后,怎样用英语表达“我很穷”?

双十一到了,颠末剁手盛宴,“尾款人”们的钱包还好吗?是时分来学习一下怎样用英语表达“贫困”了。

A global shopping festival ceremony is held in Hangzhou, capital of Zhejiang province, on Wednesday to celebrate the Nov 11 shopping extravaganza. [Photo by Li Zhenyu/For China Daily]

1 strapped

身无分文的,资金短少的

I'm a little strapped.

我手头有点紧。

I'd love to go to dinner with you guys, but I'm a bit strapped for cash.

我很想和你们一同吃晚餐,但是我手头有点紧。

2 as poor as a church mouse

贫无立锥

Although very rich in his youth, he is now as poor as a church mouse.

固然年轻时很有钱,他如今却穷得贫无立锥。

I'm as poor as a church mouse!

我穷到吃土。

3 broke

停业的

I'm broke.

我身无分文。

Balton went broke twice in his career.

巴尔顿终身中履历了两次停业。

4 run out of dough

没有面团了/没钱了

I've run out of dough.

我没钱了。

5 scrape by

委曲过活

Borrowing money from friends and relatives helped him to scrape by.

他全凭亲朋好友的接济过活!

6 not have a bean

没有钱

I don't have a bean.

我连一个子儿都没了。

7 hand to mouth

委曲生活

We lived from hand to mouth, never knowing where the next meal was coming from.

我们日子过得牢牢巴巴的,向来是吃了上顿没下顿。

8 Keep body and soul together

挣钱生活

I hate my job, but I have to keep body and soul together somehow.

我厌恶我的事情,但不管怎样样我得挣钱生活。

9 make both ends meet

委曲维持生存

With five children in college, Steve still manages to make both ends meet.

有五个小孩在念大学,史蒂夫照旧有办法维持家计。

10 poverty

贫困

poverty line贫困线

poverty-stricken贫无立锥的

My family were living below the poverty line when I was little.

我很小的时分,我们家生存在贫困线以下。

The program was to help those poverty-stricken families.

该方案是为了协助贫困不堪的家庭。

(泉源:沪江英语微信群众号 编纂:yaning)

泉源:沪江英语微信群众号

内容底部广告位(手机)
标签:

管理员
草根站长管理员

专注网站优化+网络营销,只做有思想的高价值网站,只提供有担当的营销服务!

上一篇:色谱分析原理,看完这篇就明白了
下一篇:返回列表